- Be part of an exciting venue in Sydney’s West
- Casual hours available – 20 to 30 hours per week, must be available nights / weekends
- Stable hospitality group with great career development opportunities
FAL Hotels is re-opening their Western Sydney Pub that offers TAB and sports bar, gaming room, 200 seat bistro and a large terrace. The broad offering and friendly environment have made them hugely popular with the locals.
Opening its doors again next week, we are now on the hunt for the best talent in Sydney to work alongside the down to earth and talented Head Chef and Senior Management team. The food is modern takes of pub classics and some events.
What you will need
- Full working rights – Unfortunately, no working holiday visa or sponsorship available
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a similar fast-paced environment as a kitchen hand
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven & energetic
- Have an outgoing and helpful attitude towards fellow team members
- Flexible availability – weekdays/nights and weekends
- Experience with safety procedures when using chemicals
- Ability to enforce workplace health and safety practices
- Well presented with a friendly disposition
- Casual hours available
- Opportunities to grow within the company
- Professional and friendly working environment
FAL Hotels has three busy and well run, and respected venues in the CBD and Outer West and they have been busy. Taking the time to reflect, learn and grow in this strange time of uncertainty. They are looking forward to coming back and trading a smarter and more resourceful business. They have been implementing new initiatives, from working with coaches on company culture, working with its people on personal growth to new business offerings and ways of operating. It’s a very focussed and positive time and energy in the business.
They are reopening and have a couple of key roles available, it’s not about just anyone though.
They are looking to meet people that “get it”. Someone who wants to learn and fit in with their culture, with energy, initiative and perhaps ideas and plans that their previous boss told them are “are too big to be reasonable”. They like people who think big.
A high performing humble leader who is not fazed by being thrown a curveball every now and then, “takes it on the chin” and comes up with a solution with no drama. Someone who notices the little things that are right, & offers praise, and the little things that are not right and moves into action. Organised yet thrives in chaos.
Getting the “fit” in your new job with the people and culture in business is so important. It is maybe the most essential part. They have spent time getting clear on their culture, and who they are, we are looking for someone who is going to slot in.
The right cultural fit means when you start your new job you feel like you have found “your people”.
- Accountability; See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it
- Become part of the solution
- Respect for others and their feelings
- Act Now!
- Ask the question: “What else can I do.”
- Ask the questions: “What coaching do you have for me?” and “What can I do better?”
- Personal ownership and pride
- Reject average
- Show others that you care
This is a rewarding group, known for looking after their own and are offering a very competitive package for the right skills & experience.
The ideal candidate is:
• Humble and down to earth
- Resourceful and savvy
- Hard-working and adaptable
- On the ball and a forward thinker.
• Highly organised and can maintain high consistency in service
• Can create calm and collaborative energy with their team
If this is you, get in touch and apply! If it’s not for you, let us ask for your help. Do you know someone who fits this description? Someone with that “extra something” who may be ready for a new challenge?
If so, could you, please forward this on and encourage the recipient(s) to get in touch with us. We’d love to speak with them. Thank you in advance!
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page Placed Recruitment. It’s quick and easy.