- This is a busy and well respected property
- Front of house driven restaurant
- Good salary and incredible tips
Located close to the city centre, the restaurant is a busy 110 seater and can serve up to 200 pax on a busy day. It is hatted and has been for many years. Described as chic and contemporary, this property gives you that invigorating feeling. The front of house team is about 15 members.
As restaurant manager, the role is very much on the floor and leading from the front, as well as being hands-on.
- Able to continue the warm welcoming and generous casual fine dining service they are known for
- Hands-on running of the Restaurant
- Opening and closing of the property including cashing up, etc.
- Rostering for front of house staff and maintaining the budgeted labour cost
- Ability to deal with customer feedback
- Creating a positive passion for hospitality
- Training and developing the FOH team
- Liaising and working harmoniously with the Chefs and BOH staff – there is a great relationship at the moment
What are you required to bring to the table?
You need to have the ability to run busy, high end and fast-paced restaurant. Prepared to step in when required is a must. Ideally, it’s about having minimal fuss and keeping the staff and customers happy.
We are looking for that really warm and welcoming personality. In addition, someone that can make the guests from all walks feel comfortable and turn into loyal customers. Furthermore, you must be ready to do that school approach of “touching” all the tables and thanking guests as they leave.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a strong Maitre D / Floor Manager / Restaurant Manager with ideal experience in a busy upmarket restaurant. Also, experienced working in a mid-size company structure at a management level is a plus point. Even more ideal is if you’re from a busy “brasserie” style 1 Hat-ish service. Knowledge, charm and when required, the ability to be firm are all attributes that the client would like to see in their next Manager.
What can you expect?
In terms of hours, it would typically be 42-45 hours. Additionally, there are no late finishes. Usually out by 11.30 pm on a close. Salary and tips are around *$1700 to more on a good week.
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page Placed Recruitment. It’s quick and easy.