An iconic hotel in western Sydney with a 4.5-star rating. This is part of a big chain, housing several dining options: an award-winning restaurant, a function room for up to 60 people and a banquet hall for up to 250 people. The hotel hosts a lot of banquets in a year, from weddings and sit-down dinners to canape functions.
- Stunning hotel in western Sydney near transport links with free parking
- Strong kitchen team that gets along great together
- Doing banquets and learning kitchen admin for up to $75K+Super
Work in a contemporary kitchen with all the bells and whistles including huge combi ovens, brat pans, chargrills and target tops. Furthermore, you get your own office, a rarity in this industry.
You will be the second-in-charge of the kitchen, working closely with the head chef. He is a respected leader by the kitchen and front-of-house teams, having worked his way up to where he is in the company. You’ll love the bond in the team, as everyone gets along like real friends.
The bulk of your duties are to supervise and run the banquets. This means managing the timing of the food, prep, and usual operations of a kitchen. Furthermore, you’ll get a chance to learn and manage the administration of the kitchen to help you progress in your career.
This role has flexible hours. You will get Sundays and Mondays off. The workload is around 50 hours per week but you’re usually done by 9:30 pm latest. Other perks are: free uniform and laundry services, your own office, and parking.
The total salary package is $75K+super maximum.
Required Experience and Traits
The right sous chef is:
- Honest, open minded and can work in a team
- A person who can follow instructions and also delegate tasks
- A good leader for the team
- Excellent time management
- Experienced doing banquets in hotels
Benefits and Culture
- 4.5 starred hotel in western Sydney
- Part of a big chain
- Several dining options + banquet hall
- Take charge of banquets
- Your own personal office
- Modern kitchen
- Sundays and Mondays off
- Out by 9:30 pm
- Parking and uniform laundered
- Up to $75K+super
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.