- A great cooking environment with a real stable team
- Free parking on site
- Systemised and organised clean kitchen
This is a private and exclusive club with beautiful views and a lot of expansion and growth happening over the next 12 to 24 months.
It’s a fairly straightforward operation. They have an in-house cafe that seats 80-100 pax. On a busy day, they’ll do about 150 pax; on a quiet day, around 40. They also have functions that cater to 3 main areas.
- Corporate – This is a fairly consistent part of the business that is growing.
- Weddings – 60 to 80 pax is the norm though they can do functions up to 140 sit down and 180 cocktail.
- Members – There is a number of member functions monthly.
All of the above is planned ahead with plenty of time and put together working closely with the chef.
The Kitchen & Team
The kitchen is well designed and equipped for all cafe prep/service and functions they cater for, from combi ovens, mixers, big open spaces for prep and service, etc.
The cool room and freezer are both a really good size and directly attached to the kitchen (no running for 10 minutes to get something from the cool room).
The role of sous or head chef is quite diverse and is actually a really good one. You will be looking after the cafe day-to-day. It opens from 9AM to 3PM as well as whatever functions and events are on for that week. It does ebb and flow to get as nice as you not flat chat every single day.
It’s a small team of 6, three chefs and three sandwich hands / KP’s. Coming from a well organised and structured restaurant or banqueting background would be a great match for the sous or head chef role.
The current head chef has actually just been promoted to food and beverage manager so there is an opportunity for this person if they’re not already at a head chef level to be a mentor in some elements of the role.
What the client is looking for:
- Creative, ability to come up with new menu ideas and costing
- Great organisation skills, the kitchen runs clean and in organised fashion currently and they would like to maintain this
- Good understanding training and developing the kitchen staff
- Great with communication with customers and management
- Stable background
- Hands on
- Calm and positive person (No Gordon’s!)
What Is On Offer
Here is an overview of what’s on offer:
- 5 weeks holiday a year
- The salary that is on offer is up to $82,000+Super
- Great hours, 40-45hrs
- 12 minutes from the CBD
- Free parking, close to public transport
- Sunday and Monday off
- Quite a few day shifts as well as if you are working in the evening. You’re out by 9PM or 10PM on a Saturday at the latest.
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website www.placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page www.facebook.com/PlacedRecruitment. It’s a quick and easy.