- Great opportunity to step-up work in a state-of-the-art property
- Early finishes
- Great boss; career growth
The property underwent renovation just recently with more to come. It is a fresh, modern fit-out to this club. The transformation is turning the large dining room into a state-of-the-art, contemporary restaurant.
This well-known club is really one of the best in the area and offers clientele a number of dining and entertainment options, as well as great conference and event facilities.
This is a newly created management role and we are looking for a sous chef that will lead with a modern approach to man-management. We need a sous chef who can oversee the varied and very busy outlets of the club, from busy bistro to café through to upmarket functions. Jumping in where required, but for the most part, you will be managing the team and running the pass to ensure efficient and consistent service.
All the usual duties and responsibilities will apply including:
- Overseeing all aspects of the food outlets of the Club
- Making sure standards are kept and maintained
- Overseeing the Chefs and making sure that they are on track for service
- Training of staff
- Ordering, stock takes, etc.
- Writing of menus and specials
- Responsibilities for costs and budgets for that outlet
- Overseeing HACCAP compliance
While you do need to be able to step in and pick things up one of the main elements that are important is a good attitude and willingness to learn. The sous chef must come from a good food background and happy to teach and mentor. The working week is 50 hours and two days off in a row.
Lots of parking, 5 weeks holidays and uniforms provided. This is a good one!
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly, what the current pay rates are? Check out our website www.placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page @PlacedRecruitment. It’s that quick and easy.