- Well-known and highly rated venue
- Fast paced and exciting environment
- Great company culture and support
This is a very cool venue situated in Sydney’s West. It’s a big, busy, community pub with multiple bars and a pumping bistro. It’s a highly-rated and loved local’s venue that is focused on providing good quality, delicious pub food to their guests.
This is the flagship venue for a very successful and progressive pub group that puts a big focus on building a supportive and enjoyable culture throughout all their businesses. We love working with this company.
This is a big team and has large covers so the role requires someone used to keeping a calm and level head when the pressure is on. As chef, you will be producing food for the bistro and functions from one large kitchen. It’s pumping, so you will need to have the “5th gear” to turn it up a notch when it’s on.
You will be day-to-day working with your guys in the kitchen – running a section, training your guys, etc. These and all the usual duties and responsibilities will apply including:
• Writing of menus and specials
• Hands-on running of the kitchen
• Training of staff
• Working collaboratively with management
• Creating a positive working environment
This venue is a 7-day operation, with Fri-Sunday being the busiest times. The food that comes out of the kitchen is basically good pub classics with a bit of an American Twist.
What You Will Need
It’s a hands-on role, whether you are on the busy grill section or pass. Basically, you will be in there with the guys getting your hands dirty. It’s a big kitchen and plenty of storage so it works well for the food and covers that they are doing.
The ideal candidate is:
• Someone who is a great cook and can also handle a section when under the pump
• A sous chef who is always on the ball and a forward thinker.
• Highly organised and can maintain a high consistency in service and prep.
• Can create a calm and collaborative energy with their staff
The team is currently doing 4 doubles and one single, around 50-55 hours per week. The salary is up to $75k+Super if you’re the stellar sous chef they’re looking for.
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website www.placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page @PlacedRecruitment. It’s that quick and easy.