Part of a boutique hospitality company, this venue is renowned for its juicy meat menus and great beers. This is the place to work at if you want to learn more about the science of cooking meat to perfection. We’re talking the slow smoking technique where the meat falls off the bone and other modern methods of cooking.
The company is always coming up with new and fresh offering as the owners are passionate about this industry. They have built an impressive portfolio of reputable restaurants in Australian.
- Unique restaurant doing meat banquets and beer
- Great opening to play vital role in business
- Sponsorship available
You will be managing and running an efficient kitchen team with plenty of support and feedback from the management and owners. Daily duties comprise of:
- Hands-on cooking and managing the medium sized kitchen team
- Training and nurturing the chefs while improving the menu
- Contributing to menu and specials daily
- Handling costing and creating of menu items
- Organising the roster and salary budgets
- Adhering to food health and safety regulations
- Fostering a peaceful and cooperative culture in the kitchen
- Working with the owners to drive the business forward
The kitchen team work around 50-55 hours weekly. The pay package is $80K + Super max.
Required Experience and Traits
- A background in cooking American style smoked meats
- Experienced in running a high volume and high-end gastro pub
- A natural leader who can motivate and train the team
- Able to stay calm and collected under pressure to direct the team
- Brimming with ideas to improve the business
Benefits and Culture
- CBD venue
- American style smoked meat and beer
- Cool gadgets and methods in cooking meat
- Medium sized kitchen team
- Hands-on role doing admin and cooking
- Supportive and fair owners
- 50 – 55 hours
- Open to sponsorship
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.