- Well set-up property
- Great mentor and a great culture in the business
- Professionally run
This well-known and upmarket property based 10 minutes from Sydney’s CBD is searching for a sous chef or head chef. This is a funky and very busy property that you would be proud of and would earn you some bragging rights. In fact, the reviews and PR have been positive since opening.
The food is sharing menu and the property has a great profile. It is very “on trend” and believes in keeping it fresh and delicious, nice and simple while keeping it interesting. So there would be lots of share plates and seasonal produce. The property seats approximately 80 covers, and on a busy dinner can do up to 110 pax.
The Set Up
The set up is excellent and works well. It is an open kitchen so you can see all the action. There is a Group Executive Chef who is very down to earth and likeable. You will get mentorship and support in learning the “business side” whenever necessary.
As sous chef or head chef, you will obviously be responsible for all aspects of running this kitchen including:
- Taking a hands-on role. It’s a small team (5 members) so it is totally hands on.
- The ability to build and train the team of chefs
- The ability to contribute to menu ideas and specials, creating and costing
- The ability to work with the owners of developing the business
- Maintaining a cohesive and inclusive relationship with front of house with minimal fuss. Aggressive behaviour is not tolerated.
The chefs in this kitchen typically do around the 50-55 hour mark.
Double Shift x 2: Starts at 10 or 11am to Close
Straight Shift x 3: first is 9-5.30pm; second is 2-10.30pm; or third is 3pm to Close
The Ideal Candidate
We are ideally looking for a strong Sous Chef who has had some experience in a contemporary upmarket restaurant. Also important is that this person is someone who is genuinely interested in food and loves to cook. You must have a stable background.
Dependent on the experience and chef level, you are looking at a salary of up to $85K+S+Bonus.