- Part of a large, reputable hospitality group with lots of room for growth
- Awesome opportunity to step up into a Sous Chef role and strive for a Hat
- Averaging 42-44 hours per week
This is a busy Bistro with an upmarket food offering at the moment, but expect a re-vamp in the food working under a strong Head Chef. A very established trendy pub which has a lot of regular clientele and a part of a large hospitality group.
The role will be working closely with the Head Chef and the small team of 4 chefs. You will be working with him on things like new menu creation and weekly specials. Also, you’ll get training and up-skilling in any areas that you need to step up in.
This is a role for a passionate Sous Chef that wants to help run a successful venue. There is a lot of support from the Head Chef and Executive Group Chef. This is a great hospitality group that has lots of perks and room for growth within the group’s many venues.
You will be responsible for most aspects of running the kitchen including:
- Running a busy pass, this is an important part of the role
- Hands-on cooking, mainly grill / hot sections
- Hands-on running of the kitchen, it’s a small team of 4-5 chefs
- Lead and train the junior chefs, improving food quality and skill level across the business
- Can create calm and collaborative energy in the kitchen
The Ideal Background
Coming from a similar busy high-end pub food venue will be preferred. You will have a small team so being a solid proven leader or second in charge is critical. It’s hands-on so no experience with ordering or rostering required.
The Hours & Remuneration
The chefs are on a salary up to 44 hours per week with two days off.
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page Placed Recruitment. It’s quick and easy.