This restaurant/wine bar venue is in CBD close to public transport. It has a classic décor with high quality fittings and serves modern European cuisine.
It has also received rave reviews and acclaims due to the winning combination of food, service and venue. Only the finest ingredients are dished out here, with rare and premium ingredients making the occasional appearance on the menu.
Everything is made from scratch in this 70-seater restaurant, which has helped cement its fantastic reputation over the years.
- Up to $70K+ super + $60/tips per week
- 70-seat restaurant serving premium and rare ingredients
- Get time off as venue is closed on Sunday
The head chef comes from a Michelin starred background and has been a long-term face in the kitchen, working his way up from sous chef. His management style is fair and firm without any over the top shouting in communication.
The team is considered small but everyone gets along well like family. This close-knit relationship and happy atmosphere is paramount to the kitchen team. Staff members are generally well trained so they stay interested in their roles.
The sous chef must be able to work on all sections of the kitchen and fill in for other chefs when they are on leave. You will have all the appliances you need in the kitchen.
The busiest shifts are usually lunches when the working crowd comes in. On average, expect 80 to 90 covers on a busy shift with 5 to 6 chefs working in the kitchen.
The restaurant closes on Sunday so you will have plenty of time to relax. You may get Saturdays and Sundays or Sundays and Mondays off including 2-3 nights off in a week.
Required Experience and Traits
The ideal sous chef is:
- Someone who can work under pressure
- A versatile chef who can work on every section of the kitchen
- A chef with some pastry experience
- A passionate individual who is well organized and can work clean
Benefits and Culture
- Get Sat/Sun or Sun/Mon off
- Get 2-3 nights off a week
- Small team with friendly and understanding head chef
- Up to $70K+super
- $60 in tips per week
- Sponsorship available for right person
Want to stay updated with new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.