Think of a cross between Billy Kwong and Golden Century, and you will get a picture of this modern Asian joint in the CBD. Considered fairly new, this restaurant attracts corporate high flyers, business movers and shakers, and shoppers and tourists alike.
The décor is sleek and contemporary with private dining rooms, an elegant cocktail bar and a vibrant dumpling bar.
- Promotion and a step-up within a year
- Learn how to manage food percentage and labour costs
- Join a progressive and growing company
You will work in a fully kitted kitchen, which is still new and sparkly. It is divided into three sections, spacious and equipped with top appliances and tools.
The head chef is mindful of the team’s needs and have established a nurturing and supportive culture where you can grow as a chef and as an individual.
As junior sous chef, you will get to learn new things such as managing food and labour costs. You are also expected to run day-to-day operations such as managing a section and pass, and taking charge when the head chef is unavailable.
The salary on offer is between $55K – $60K plus super and tips. Expect a promotion further down the line to sous chef or even head chef if you are driven and can prove your mettle.
The group running the show also has several projects coming up so there will be other opportunities too in the future.
Required Experience and Traits
What we are looking for:
- A strong junior sous chef looking to further his or her career
- Ability to cope with busy and demanding environment
- Ability to train and nurture other staff members
- Possess leadership skills such as efficient delegation and management
Benefits and Culture
- Promotion in the horizon
- Learn how to run a kitchen efficiently
- Join a growing company
- New restaurant offering modern Asian cuisine
- New fully equipped and spacious kitchen
- CBD location easily accessible
- $55K – $60K plus super and tips
- Sponsorship available
Do you want to stay updated with new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.