A beautifully maintained venue with good transport links in the eastern suburbs. This impressive pastry kitchen produces products to hatted restaurants, famous venues, cafes and first-class functions.
- Good mentor who can be your mentor
- Free parking with accessible transport
- Contribute your brilliant ideas
You will work in a team with 4 chefs who are equally impressive in background and skills. The head pastry chef is a remarkable lady who is lovely to work under. She is a natural mentor to her staff and is always happy to develop your skills further. This is a kitchen where your input is appreciated, and you get to try out your good ideas.
It’s always busy in here as everyone needs to be productive. The orders are large and varied. You will be working on all sections of the pastry kitchen:
- Themed pastry centrepieces
- A la carte desserts
- Buffet desserts
- Petit fours
- Tarts and cakes
- Pizza dough
- Cookies, muffins, jams
- Chocolate work including Easter bunnies and showpieces
This is a daytime work only, starting from 5:30 am – 6 am and out by 3pm. However, the hours may vary during busy seasons such as Christmas.
Required Experience and Traits
- An independent worker
- A fast learner
- Stable working histories
- Experience working in similar venue such as fine dining restaurants, casinos and high-end cafes
- Self-motivated and dedicated to craft
Benefits and Culture
- Daytime work only
- Finish by 3pm
- Small strong team
- Create all kinds of pastries
- Learn from the best boss
- Eastern part of town
- Parking available
- Creative input appreciated
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.