This well-known venue provides high end services with great entertainment. Most of the dishes are made in-house, catering for big events and classy functions. 50% are seated dinners and lunches while the remaining are cocktail style and buffet events.
- First class sit-down events, buffet and canapes
- Spacious kitchen and top appliances
- Friendly and happening work place
As a pastry chef, you will help supervise the kitchen production of baked goods and pastries. You will coordinate the kitchen tasks, being hands-on with the production, logistics and quality.
Contribute your clever ideas to the menu to ensure it keeps up with consumer and industry trends. You’ll get to manage a small team and establish processes for quality control and compliance with HACCP and OH&S. There’s other admin duties such as monitoring labour costs and wastage.
Required Experience & Traits
- Solid leadership qualities in training and mentoring
- Able to organise, manage and delegate appropriately
- Excellent communicator
- A people’s person who can jive with the team
- In-depth knowledge in desserts and pastries
- Previous experience working in a high-volume venue
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and recipe systems
Benefits and Culture
- Cater for high end functions
- Work Monday – Friday only
- Daytime shifts
- Spacious kitchen with great facilities
- Manage a small team
- Manage production of pastries and desserts
- Handle wastage and labour metrics
- Parking available
- Up to $85K+Super
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.