This is a popular café with a steady stream of customers. It has 65 seats and will turn a few times on a busy day, with around 500 pax on weekends. It’s a daytime café serving breakfast and lunch and they close at night. The location is perfect being just 10 minutes from CBD.
- Team that works like a family
- Ideas are appreciated by supportive management
- Work daytime only and keep nights free
The owner trusts his employees and is very supportive. He has big experience in hospitality and fosters a family-like feel at work.
You will report to the head chef, who is friendly and reasonable. As the second in charge, you will run the day-to-day tasks when the head chef is away. You will care for all sections of the kitchen, ensuring the food quality and presentation is consistent and good.
You should be willing to contribute ideas and open to other people’s ideas. The job also requires you to motivate staff members and keep them engaged.
The team is harmonious but still professional. There are 10 people rostered on a busy shift, which includes a barista, 4 or 5 front-of-house staff, 3 chefs and 1 dishwasher.
There’s weekly tips of $50 and up to 50 hours of work in a week.
Required Experience and Traits
The right candidate is:
- A self-motivator
- Cool and collected under pressure
- An excellent multi-tasker
- Positive, creative and a good team player
- A leader who can delegate and guide
Benefits and Culture
- No night work – daytime café
- Take charge when head chef is unavailable
- Popular café with street parking
- Good sized team
- Supportive owner
- Up to $70K+super
- $50 tips a week
- 50 hours max a week
Want to stay updated with new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.