- Attractive salary and perks
- Well-loved Sydney bakery with high-end clientele
- Has everything a Baker would love
One of Sydney’s well-known and well-loved bakery with some very high-end clients. Everything is made from scratch and baked with love! They have a wide variety of fresh breads baked to order and viennoiserie, including mouth-watering croissants, Danishes, hand made pies, rolls, brioches yeasted and seeded breads.
Everything is well organised so you will have your own space to work, and it has everything a Baker needs with top-of-the-range products and equipment. The sections are isolated by air-condition to help keep the doughs on desired temperature. They have a big production kitchen, pastry kitchen, dough rolling room and multiple cool rooms and storage areas.
It’s a hands-on role. You will be busy with production such as making and shaping sough doughs, brioche or other breads. There is also overseeing the whole production team and operation. Overseeing the entire operation is the main aspect of this role but shaping sourdough is a key aspect. There will be another baker to bake all the bread, as well as a pastry chef, and other chefs taking care of prep and cooking to oversee.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to start new products from scratch and scale as needed
- Strong experience with sourdough and shaping. This is a must!
- Have a strong expertise in science and methods with dough making
- Be hard-working and adaptable
- Highly organised and can maintain high consistency in prep
- Can lead a small team
- Must have HACCP and food handling certificates
- Attractive salary
- Opportunity to be sponsored for the right candidate
- The average hours are around 40-50 hours depending on daily / weekly orders orders
- 5 x 8-10 hour shifts
- 4pm – midnight are usual shifts
- Paid overtime for any extra days if needed
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page Placed Recruitment. It’s quick and easy.