Located in a glitzy and cool 5-star property, this restaurant is the jewel of the company. It is highly renowned in Sydney and across Australia. Most of the diners here are A-list celebs, powerful corporate figures and famous foodies.
- Cool exec chef with 3-Michelin stars
- Dream kitchen to work in
- New food direction and exciting transformation
You will help to raise the standards to the next level and gain a bigger following in the industry while eventually chase for a hat.
The plan is to change the food to a more sustainable theme, showcasing simple but brilliantly executed dishes. You will get to work with the finest suppliers in Sydney.
The Food and Beverage Director and Ops roles have been filled with some of the best talent in the industry, operating this venue like clockwork.
Meanwhile, the kitchen is well designed and open for the diners to peek. It has everything you could ask for with wood fire ovens, grill, meat hanging fridge, and flat tops. The work flow in here is perfect during prep and service.
The role is 50% cooking and running the kitchen and 50% admin. You will be doing the food costing, monitoring and finding ways to reduce when necessary. There are proper software and processes in place to get you up to speed in your role. Furthermore, opportunities are plenty in other sister venues in the long run.
Your pay is $80K+Super max, doing 50-55 hours weekly. The roster is usually 2 doubles and 3 singles. There are many public transport nearby and uniforms are laundered for.
Required Experience & Traits
The client wants a chef who’s:
- Driven and motivated to do an excellent job
- Passionate and loves this industry
- Eager to learn and grow in one company
- Experienced in food costing and other kitchen admin
- Able to work efficiently in the kitchen, helping to supervise
Benefits and Culture
- Top venue frequented by celebrities and famous corporate figures
- Cool and friendly exec chef with 3 Michelin stars
- Nicely designed kitchen
- Career progression
- Do admin work such as food costing
- 50% hands-on cooking and running a pass
- Uniforms given and laundered
- 50-55 hours a week
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.