- Awesome property and owners
- Save a very good chunk of money AND ski / board everyday
- Great team and set up
A 30-person chalet is looking for a ski resort chef. This venue is well known and established and has great boarding/skiing. It’s smart casual dining providing breakfast and dinner in the chalet, so you will be out for the best part of the day… everyday.
The team is caring and professional with a majority consisting of locals who care about what they plate up and are big team players. They just need someone to take the reins. If it’s someone with limited experience, the previous Chef who lives nearby can offer advice and help out when necessary.
This is a hands-on cooking role. Most times, it’s just you and the KP during clean-up time.
The main thing is someone that is flexible and works with what they have. There are lots of great things about being in a ski resort BUT part of the challenge is suppliers are not around the corner and there is no big team to lean on. You are really the center of this kitchen. You need to be super reliable and able to make it happen when things go off track.
Other traits that will see you do well in this role:
- Positive attitude
- Cool under fire, there is no room for agro Chefs (it would be a very short season)
- Good with Creative Vegetarian and Vegan options, this is in demand so not just a nut loaf :0)
- Creative and enjoys working with what you have
- Collaborative and works well with others
- Hard working and takes responsibility (it’s a great role but no doubt it’s hard work)
- Mature and relaxed energy
- Working with / for really nice people
- Accommodation – Your own room
- All accommodation
- Season lift pass
- Good salary on top
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page Placed Recruitment. It’s quick and easy.