This property is brand new and is run by a well-known and award winning operator. The kitchen is also brand new with all the gadgets a baker could want. Housed in a pleasant part of town, it is very accessible with public transport and is a short drive to the Sydney CBD.
The style of food here focuses strongly on maintaining a healthy lifestyle while still delivering delicious flavours. All the breads baked are for the restaurant and on-site providore.
- Start early at 6 am and finish by 3pm
- Newly kitted kitchen with everything you need
- Friendly and considerate team members
There are 2 kitchens for production and preparation so you have plenty of space to roam. The upper kitchen is where most of the breads are baked. There is a built-in wood fire oven and 2 large combi ovens to choose from. The combi ovens have pre-programmed recipes so your bread always turn out delicious.
Meanwhile, preparation is done in the kitchen downstairs. This is where you will do the portioning, feeding, fermenting and kneading.
You will work under an admired chef in the pastry world who has received chef hats throughout Sydney. He is also a great operator and chef who has perfected loads of signature bread recipes.
Each recipe calls for 4 to 5 different types of flours and 8-10 different ingredients. If you are an aspiring baking genius, you will most definitely learn from the best.
Your role will be part of a bigger plan. Once the restaurant is chugging along smoothly, the breads will be sold in other providores. You may also be part of a recipe book later with discussions coming in the near future.
Required Experience & Traits
The client is hunting for:
- Experience dealing with gluten free and wholemeal or wholefood products.
- Loves food and baking
- Team player who can get along well with anyone
- Zero ego and wants to learn from the best
Benefits & Culture
- Keep nights free (6am – 3pm shift)
- Learn craft of bread making from legendary chef
- Work in an understanding team
- Work in a new kitchen spread over two levels
- Parking available
- Willing to sponsor right person
- Up to $65K+super
Do you want to keep your finger on the pulse of new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly what the current pay rates are? “Like” our Facebook page today. It’s quick and easy.