- Fast-paced & exciting environment
- Expanding company that offers fantastic opportunities
- A lot of support from the company that prides itself on looking after its staff
Located in a great location on the edge of the CBD, this venue is an incredibly busy and much-loved pub. It has a great reputation for fresh contemporary food made only from high quality products.
The venue is spread across multiple floors. The clientele is mixed as it is a destination for locals, professionals and young families alike. The team runs like a well-oiled machine, doing at busy ALC service while executing multiple functions in the summer season.
It’s a solid team with low turnover as they really do look after their people in this business. How often do you see paid overtime on a head chef role?
We are looking for a head chef that has a good level of technique and with a quality restaurant / pub background. The food isn’t just normal pub grub; there’s a little more emphasis on quality produce and classic technique and contemporary plating and dishes.
About 60% of the food is modern classics and 40% would be a la carte style dishes so lots of room for the chef to “play” and get creative.
You will also have the opportunity to work with a very talented and collaborative Group Executive Chef who will be there to mentor and bounce ideas off.
You will be responsible for all aspects of running the kitchen including:
- Rostering, maintaining wage budgets and controlling costs
- Building and training the team of chefs
- A true leader that can get in “trenches” but also step back and manage
- The ability to create, cost and produce menus that fit within the current price points and style but still keep the loyal clientele interested and pleasantly surprised with your take on this style of food
- The ability to develop the business particularly in the area of functions and repeat business
We are looking for a head chef that is good at keeping up the positive culture especially when the pressure is on. Having a calm positive attitude and setting on creating a controlled and enjoyable environment would be ideal.
There are lots of great elements to this role. It’s a stable well-established company that’s been around for a long time. It’s also a job where you’re not going to be working five doubles so you can have a life working just 45 hrs per week.
You’re looking at a salary of up to $100K+S depending on experience.
If you are after something slightly different, drop us a line as we are chef recruitment specialists and deal with Hatted Restaurants, Hotels, Resorts, Casinos Clubs, etc. Check out our page www.placedrecruitment.com.au to learn more.