This is the place for you if you love to bask in the limelight and carve a name for yourself. It’s an iconic gastronomic destination north of the Margaret River in Western Australia. The restaurant is only open during the day, with a heavy focus on degustation menus, and seats 60 people.
People come here to devour the delectable food while savoring exquisite wines. The owners are friendly, cool and loves looking after staff members. They’ll support you by giving tools and resources you need to succeed in this role.
- Huge garden where 90% of vegies are featured in the menu
- Pop-ups throughout the year by famous chefs
- Be the face of the business and soak in the publicity
The kitchen is fully equipped with the best appliances you’ll ever need. The onsite garden grows most of the vegetable used in the dishes, which means fresh ingredients to experiment with.
Because the restaurant is only open during day time, you will have afternoons to yourself to test dishes and do your slow cooking overnight. There are about 8 weddings per year, so you’ll also get a chance to host events and create unforgettable food.
On top of that, you get to rub shoulders with world-renowned chefs such as Thomas Keller or David Thompson, as they host pop-up events throughout the year.
Required Experience and Traits
We’re looking for someone with a strong technical background, whether it is a head chef looking for a fresh change or a great sous chef looking to step up.
Other requirements are:
- Michelin or hatted experience
- Driven towards excellence and likes to push boundaries in the kitchen
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to mentor and guide
- Dynamic with good problem solving skills
Benefits and Culture
- Iconic destination restaurant in WA
- Only open day time
- Perfect for change of pace and life
- Huge veggie garden on site and complete kitchen
- Experiment and push boundaries with degustation menu
- Potential for Sunday and Monday off
- Chance to meet top chefs through pop-up events held throughout the year
- Be the face of the business
- Supportive owners
- Up to $90K + super
- $5000 allowance to eat at top venues
- Sponsorship for right candidate
Do you want to stay updated with new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.