A head chef is needed for this well-established local venue. The focus is on providing great food, quality service, and awesome entertainment. With multiple bars, a killer beer garden and a busy bistro serving all the much-loved classics, it’s easy to see why this is the go-to pub in the area.
The reviews, especially the food, are consistently positive, which is a great representation of how invested the whole team are on providing an exceptional guest experience.
- Well-known and highly rated venue
- Put your own spin on the menu
- Great company culture and support
This is a role that you will really be able to sink your teeth into. You will have the support of the Licensee and Group GM, but ultimately, you will be responsible for all aspects of the kitchen. As head chef, you will be building and driving your team, creating and producing menus and ensuring that a high level of consistency is maintained. You will be overseeing a relatively small team of three chefs and two kitchen hands so this is very much a hands-on environment.
The Ideal background
We’re looking for someone to come in with fresh eyes and a positive attitude. You need to be someone who loves cooking, keeps up with the trends and experiments in the kitchen.
For this role, we are looking for someone that:
- Is a leader in the kitchen; someone that likes to lead by example and gain respect from their brigade.
- Has the ability to create, cost and produce menus that fit within the current price points and style but still keep the loyal clientele interested and pleasantly surprised with your take on this style of food.
- Has the ability to develop the business particularly in the area of functions and repeat business.
- Maintains a cohesive and inclusive relationship with front of house.
- Is cool, calm and collected under pressure
The salary on offer is up to $80k+Super for the right candidate. You are seeing around 50-55 work hours per week. The salary will be reviewed regularly based on performance and results.