- Get creative – mixing cultures and cuisines!
- One of Sydney’s finest cafe offerings with restaurant quality
- Great salary and No Nights
Bustling, light and airy are the perfect words to describe this old world meets new world neighbourhood gem. It is everything you want in a cafe and then some.
Dishing up fresh, delicious treats 7 days a week, this place pumps (especially on the weekends) and has consistently brought in the crowds year round, establishing itself as a firm local favourite in this leafy, affluent and refined northern beaches suburb.
With renovations firmly and excitingly locked in for early next year, we are on the hunt for a highly talented head chef who can handle the hordes and bring to the table a fresh, contemporary and trailblazing take on the offering.
The team is warm and close knit, and the owners, enthusiastic and supportive. This is a workplace that will soon feel like an extension of your family. Open breakfast and lunch, seating is about 65 and this will turn up a few times on a busy day, looking at about 500 pax on weekends.
As head chef, you are expected to be the brains behind the kitchen, be hands on, to maximize the day-to-day operations and to strategize the business alongside the owners.
What You Will Need
- Strong food knowledge and a genuine passion for the industry
- Excellent cooking skills and overall technical expertise
- Have worked at senior sous or head chef level in a highly reputable cafe
- A proven ability to rally a team around you, with clear communication skills and a contemporary management style
- Be cool as a cucumber in a busy close knit kitchen environment
- Be down with cooking eggs… the menu is fun but eggs will always be a staple!
- Have had exposures to the business side of running a kitchen, with an understanding of how to manage financials
- The ability to lead from the front, in a “hands-on” manner and belief in teamwork, people, people’s development and training
- Full working rights for Australia
On offer is a great salary above industry award and a work environment which will make you wish you’d started sooner. Be a part of history with an exciting renovation on the horizon and your chance to make a mark on this hugely successful venue.