A jaw-dropping restaurant which can accommodate functions. This contemporary venue is beautiful with a stunning view to die for. It seats about 100 people, and can be split into ala carte and function when needed. Food here is a modern affair, perfect for those who love a clean seafood palette with a Mediterranean twist.
Meanwhile, the owners are well-respected and passionate about this restaurant. They don’t mind rolling up their sleeves to do work, running the floor and managing the finances. They have created a lovely harmony between FOH and BOH in a family-like environment.
- 14.5 in Good Food Guide
- Gorgeous venue with passionate owners
- Fresh start for the right chef to play critical role
As the head chef, you will have a say in the menu as long as you stay within the theme. You will be leading a medium sized team with 1 sous chef, 2 junior sous chefs, 5 chefs de partie, 4 cooks plus KPs. There is usually 8-10 people during a busy shift.
The owners are adamant for the head chef to lead the team firmly and fairly. You must throw your ego and hot temper out the door. This is a positive environment where everyone treats each other like family.
You’ll be doing lots of cooking in this role with little admin work. Most of the time, expect to be manning the pass and managing the kitchen to run like clockwork.
The other duties are:
- Doing menus and specials
- Contributing brilliant ideas for the restaurant
- Keeping to food and labour KPIs
The pay package is $125K+super and tips max. Plenty of parking in the area too.
Required Experience and Traits
- Firm, calm and cool leader
- Good technical and cooking skills
- Knows admin side of kitchen
- Good communicator who can train and nurture staff
Benefits and Culture
- Beautiful venue with gorgeous views
- Compassionate owners
- Mid-sized team to lead
- Family-like team
- Modern cuisine with Mediterranean twist
- 5 in Good Food Guide
- Parking available
- Maximum $125K+super and tips
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.