This café is considered one of the trendiest in South West Sydney, focusing on fresh food made from paddock to plate. The ingredients are locally sourced according to the season.
It is a 55-seat café doing roughly 150 covers on the weekend and less on weekdays.
The owners behind this café have another venue in their portfolio while also looking to expand. You will have a chance to progress to a higher role within the group in the long run. They fully support staff members and can be quite involved in the cafe.
The kitchen is well equipped with items such as sous vide machines, food processors, etc. It is well laid out with a lot of storage space.
- Keep your nights free with only daytime work
- Join a café group with career progression
- Full creative freedom with the menu
The café is only open during the day so you won’t have to work nighttime. The average working hours are 38 hours/week. There are usually 5 kitchen staff members every weekend and 3 during weekdays.
As head chef, you will have the creative freedom to design your own menu using the freshest produce. The café serves seasonal food so you must have a good knowledge of seasonal ingredients.
Required Experience and Traits
What the client wants:
- Someone passionate about cooking with seasonal produce
- An interest in new food trends
- In-depth knowledge of the café industry
- A good leader with a good attitude
- Organised, driven and can delegate efficiently
- Maintain good supplier relations
Benefits & Culture
- Work day time only, up to 38 hours a week
- Long-term opportunity at group level
- Seasonal menu using locally sourced ingredients
- Unleash your creative cooking side
- Up to $75K+super
Like our Facebook page to stay updated with new jobs, industry stories and the latest pay rates.