- Located in the heart of the city
- Good work-life balance with decent tips
- Great staff retention, company support and established venue
This well-known and respected restaurant in Sydney’s dining scene is hiring a Head Chef. It’s always a busy week in and week out, all year round.
You’ll be using the highest quality of produce from around Australia and cooking dishes executed to a high standard in an established and profitable venue. Furthermore, this company is well established, giving you enviable job security.
It’s a big team, so being a true leader and comfortable working within and leading in a fast-moving and quality venue are essential.
The Executive Chef is strong, smart and balanced. She has been in the business for years and knows the venue well, but remains driven to do better. She leads with modern man-management style, runs a tight ship and creates a positive energy in the kitchen.
The management broader team, on the other hand, has worked together for many years and is highly professional and very motivated. They believe in responsible and honest 360-degree communication. You’ll have a supportive management team that is always looking out for staff members.
Many of the systems and procedures are already set up and in place. However, the company wants someone with experience and maturity to come in. They need you to establish more systems while making sure all staff are sticking to them.
This is a newly created role in this venue and the ideal candidate is:
• Someone who thinks outside of the square when it comes to implementing new systems in the kitchen and making sure all the chefs maintain it.
• A chef who is always on the ball and a forward thinker. Always 2 steps ahead of what is going to happen next. (Problem Solver)
• Highly organised and can maintain a high consistency in service and prep.
• Can create a calm and collaborative energy with their staff and does not get frustrated in stressful situations.
• Creative and in touch with food trends
The salary on offer is up to $95K+Super+$80 roughly in weekly tips. Uniforms are supplied, and the roster rotates between day and night shifts with the occasional weekend off here and there.
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page Placed Recruitment. It’s quick and easy.