- Absolute work-life balance!
- Delicious & simple yet elegant cuisine – beloved by locals and visitors
- Great salary and No Nights!
Bustling, light and airy – this old world meets new world neighbourhood gem is everything you want in a cafe and then some.
Dishing up fresh, delicious treats 7 days a week, this place pumps (especially on the weekends) and has consistently brought in the crowds year on year, establishing itself as a firm local favourite in this leafy, affluent and refined northern beaches suburb.
With renovations firmly and excitingly locked in for early next year, we are on the hunt for a highly talented head chef who can handle the hordes and bring to the table a fresh, contemporary and trailblazing take on the offering.
The team is warm and close knit; the owners, enthusiastic and supportive. This is a workplace that will soon feel like an extension of your family.
Open breakfast and lunch, seating is about 65 and this will turn a few times on a busy day, looking at about 500 PAX on weekends.
Being the brains behind the kitchen, being hands on, maximising the day-to-day operations and strategising the business alongside the owners.
What You Will Need
- Strong food knowledge and a genuine passion for the industry
- Excellent cooking skills and overall technical expertise
- Have worked at senior sous or head chef level in a highly reputable cafe
- A proven ability to rally a team around you, with clear communication skills and a contemporary management style
- Be cool as a cucumber in a busy close knit kitchen environment
- Be down with cooking eggs… the menu can be fun but eggs will always be a staple!
- Have had exposures to the business side of running a kitchen, with an understanding of how to manage financials
- The ability to lead from the front, in a ‘hands on’ manner and belief in teamwork, people, people’s development and training
- Full working rights in Australia
Great salary above industry award and a work environment which will make you wish you’d started sooner. Be a part of history with an exciting renovation on the horizon and your chance to make a mark on this hugely successful venue.