- Well-known and highly rated venue
- Fast-paced and exciting environment
- Great company culture and support
This is a very cool venue situated in Sydney’s outer west. It is a big, busy, community pub with multiple bars and a pumping bistro. A highly rated and well-loved local venue, it focuses on providing good quality and delicious pub food to their guests.
This is the flagship venue for a very successful and progressive pub group, which puts a big focus on building a supportive and enjoyable culture throughout all their businesses. We love working with this company.
This is a big team that does large covers; therefore, the Head Chef role requires someone who remains calm and level headed when the pressure is on. Producing food for the bistro and functions from one large kitchen, it is pumping, so you will need to have the “5th gear” to turn it up a notch when it is on!
Your day-to-day as Head Chef will be working with your guys in the kitchen, running a section training your guys, etc. All the usual duties and responsibilities will apply including:
- Writing of menus and specials
- Hands-on running of the kitchen
- Training of staff
- Working collaboratively with management
- Creating a positive working environment
This venue is a 7-day operation, with Friday-Sunday being the busiest times. The food that comes out of the kitchen is good pub classics with a bit of an American Twist.
What you will need
It is a hands-on role, whether you are on the busy grill section or pass. As Head Chef, you need to be in there with the guys and getting your hands dirty. It is a big kitchen with plenty of storage, so it works well for the food and covers that they are doing.
The ideal candidate is:
- Someone who is a great cook and can also handle a section when under the pump
- A chef who is always on the ball and a forward thinker
- Highly organised and can maintain a high consistency in service and prep
- Can create a calm and collaborative energy with their staff
The team currently do 4 doubles and one single, 50-55 hours per week.
If you are after something slightly different, drop us a line as we are Chef Recruitment Specialists and deal with Hatted Restaurants, Hotels, Resorts, Casinos, Clubs, etc. Check out our page www.placedrecruitment.com.au to learn more.