A beautiful restaurant that you’ll be proud to be a part of is looking for a head chef. This is a venue that you’ll be happy to tell your friends and family about. It has a lot of positive press and has received strong reviews. With its cool fit out and a stunning garden area, this is going to be the place to be especially this summer.
It has a mix crowd but mostly young, professional and fashionable women out for lunch particularly on a sunny weekend. You’ll see more of the not-so-young and wealthy regulars during the weekdays. Other than their great food, this venue also has a great vibe; that is why it is always frequented and busy.
The client is looking to modernise the food moving towards fresh, light, and seasonal. Think of it like 3 Blue Ducks, Chiswick, Grounds, etc. where fresh, delicious, colourful food is built around seasonality and what is always good.
The owners are known as good people and have only had 2 Chefs in over 10 years. Your hard work will definitely pay off since they are both generous and reasonable.
- Located in Sydney’s north shore with parking
- Good work-life balance and early finish
- Positive owners and company culture
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a head chef who is creative and likes the style of food mentioned above. It’s a hands-on role, whether you are on the busy grill section or pass. You need to be in there with the guys, basically getting your hands dirty.
The owners are looking for:
- A great cook and can also handle a section when under the pump
- A chef who is always on the ball and a forward thinker. He is always 2 steps ahead of what is going to happen next – a problem solver
- Highly organised and can maintain a high consistency in service and prep
- Can create a calm and collaborative energy with their staff
- Ability to control food and labor costs
- Have a bit of those creative juices flowing when it comes to doing specials
- Lastly, the more important requirement is No Ego. We are after an all-around good guy / girl personality wise. It’s a senior role but flat structure so “prima donnas” are not allowed.
For this head chef position, the salary on offer is up to $90k+Super+Tips and parking is provided. There is some flexibility with how the roster looks – 3 days off and 4 doubles or 3 doubles and 2 singles. The finishes are early at 9:30pm.
This is certainly a good gig!
If this sounds like you, please hit APPLY NOW.
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry, and more importantly, what the current pay rates are? Check out our website www.placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page www.facebook.com/PlacedRecruitment. It’s quick and easy.