Be the head chef of this beautiful restaurant – one that you will be happy and proud to tell your friends and family about. It has had a lot of positive press and still gets strong reviews. This is the place to be in the summer with its cool fit out and stunning garden area.
The clientele is mixed, but usually on a sunny weekend, you’ll see a lot of fashionable “30-something” ladies out for lunch. During the week, you’ll have more of the older very wealthy set who are very much the regulars and who come for the great food. Though a busy venue, it has a great vibe. And being quite an open kitchen, you are right in the middle of it.
The owners are looking to modernise the food somewhat – moving towards fresh, light and seasonal. Think 3 Blue Ducks, Chiswick, Grounds etc. Imagine fresh, delicious, colourful food build around seasonality and what’s good.
The venue is located in Sydney’s north shore with parking.
- Good work-life balance and early finish
- Positive owners and company culture
The owners are known as good people and only have 2 chefs in over 10 years. They are both generous and reasonable. You will work hard, of course, but they look after their people.
What You Will Need
We are looking for a Head Chef who is creative and likes the style of food mentioned above. It’s a hands-on role, whether you are on the busy grill section or pass. Basically, you need to be in there with the guys and get your hands dirty.
The ideal candidate is
- Someone who is a great cook and can also handle a section when under the pump
- Always on the ball and a forward thinker. He is always 2 steps ahead of what is going to happen next; a problem solver
- Highly organised and can maintain a high consistency in service and prep
- Calm and has a collaborative energy with their staff
- Able to control food and labour costs
- Creative, especially when it comes to doing specials
- Without ego. We are after an all-around good guy / girl personality wise. It’s a senior role but flat structure. So no prima donnas allowed.
For this head chef position, the salary on offer is up to $90k+Super+Tips and parking is provided. There is some flexibility with how the roster looks, 3 days off and 4 doubles or 3 doubles and 2 singles. The finishes are early – 9:30PM.
Seriously, how good is this gig?!
If this sounds like you, please hit APPLY NOW.
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry, and more importantly, what the current pay rates are? Check out our website www.placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page www.facebook.com/PlacedRecruitment. It’s quick and easy.