- Trendy fit out, upmarket casual dining, food focused
- Well set-up, ambitious and organised company
- Very good long-term career move with profit share
This company is well known and loved by its very loyal customers. The company has multiple properties and is undergoing growth and expansion with more scheduled in the coming 24 months.
They have what many others do not — a clear and defined personality. You will always get that warm and friendly service. Everyone is driven by a passion to always be better.
They have multiple venues which gives opportunity for career, personal and financial growth.
This is basically a premium, high-end approach to casual offering. Looking to be the best in class and provide a high quality experience. Think Neil Perry & Burger Projects’ approach to the humble burger! Not re-inventing the wheel, just using high quality produce delivered with exceptional service.
The Company Culture
It is best described as “fun, down to earth, dynamic and a strong sense to be better”. The drive to be better comes from the top, wanting to shake things up and be on a continual search for the best in the business. Whether it be the staff they are hiring, suppliers they are using or the food they are producing, there is always a goal to improve and be the best. Respect and communication are high on company values too.
No real surprises here. It is to work closely with the Chefs in each property (once there are multiple) and mentor and develop them. The role is very hands-on, in the single outlet for the moment but with many more to open soon. You will get the space to achieve and excel without micro management.
Part of the responsibilities is to refine, support and implement improvements and efficiencies with existing set up while strategizing & planning for the growth of multiple new venues.
More on the Role
• Monitor labour actual to budget and keep on track
• Ensure weekly and monthly food costs are to budget
• Reconcile weekly food results
• Responsible in meeting deadlines, monitoring food purchases and costs.
• Provide full menu execution support with standard recipes, preparation procedures, cost and service procedures with the Head Chefs
• Review all food cost related matters and advise on possible areas where improved costs or improved quality is achievable
• Commitment to reinvigorate the menu’s on a regular basis.
• Ensure all kitchen staff are trained in current hygiene and food regulations, and sanitation and cleaning procedures
• Make certain that deliveries are accepted in a safe and hygienic manner
• Guarantee that the right people for the company are selected, recruited and trained
• Monitor and document staff performance, carrying out regular informal and formal reviews, including annual appraisal
Health and Safety
• Manage the overall hygiene and aesthetic cleanliness of all areas
• Supervise and recommend appropriate action for all repairs and maintenance
- Strong food knowledge and ability to use charcoal
- Excellent cooking skills and overall technical expertise
- Having flexibility and dedication, combined with the ability to thrive under pressure and achieve results
- Ability to lead from the front, in a ‘hands on’ manner and belief in teamwork, people’s development and training.
- Having a modern man-management style, “no Gordons please”
- Ability to motivate a diverse range of people and build rapport
- Strong communication an interpersonal skills and a passion for quality customer service
- Ability to manage suppliers and negotiate improved prices
The successful candidate will be offered up to $100K+S to start with 5% profit share. Around $500/wk per venue on top of salary once new venues open and through probation.
You’ll have the opportunity to drive new business and work across multiple site with a flexible roster and no late nights (9pm finishes).
Do you like to keep your finger on the pulse of what new jobs are coming up, interesting stories in the industry and more importantly what the current pay rates are? Check out our website placedrecruitment.com.au and “Like” our Facebook page Placed Recruitment. It’s quick and easy.