This newly launched restaurant in CBD has a strong emphasis on simple food. The chef running the show comes from a Michelin and Chef Hat’s background. The food here has received good reviews, achieving a 14/20 in the Good Food Guide.
This restaurant is also housed in a beautiful classic 100-year old building. It can get very packed with over 160pax during a busy shift.
- Fully kitted out kitchen with good layout – one of the best in CBD!
- Relaxed environment where staff gets along well
- Everything made from scratch with 14/20 in Good Food Guide
This brand new kitchen is a dream come true. It is fully stocked up and equipped with a charcoal robata, wood fire ovens with 8 gastro containers, charcoal rotisserie, 2 huge combi ovens, bread ovens, target tops, and many more.
The prep is communal and pretty much everything is made from scratch. The menu changes every service and showcases prime ingredients such as lobsters and abalones.
You will be working under a head chef who is supportive and loves socializing with his kitchen staff. You will learn a lot working with seasonal and fresh produce and making things from scratch in-house.
The team gets along well and treat each other like second family. The job requires 50 hours a week on average. There is also overtime payment and sponsorship for the right person.
You may get Sundays off too.
Required Experience & Traits
The chef is looking for:
- Someone passionate about cooking good food
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Creative and loves to learn
- Efficient and organized in the kitchen
Benefits & Culture
- Work under a brilliant head chef
- Family feel at work
- New top of the range kitchen
- 50 hours average and overtime paid
- Possibly Sundays off
- Work for a restaurant striving for a Chef’s Hat
- Sponsorship for right candidate