Lead this famous sporting club in south west Sydney, long considered a local gem. The whole property including the sporting facilities are in tip-top form. The company is looking to grow this venue and expand its outreach and brand name.
There are plans for a major renovation, which will further cement its reputation as a premier sporting club. The food and beverage options will be expanded to cater to its growth plans.
- Fantastic board members
- Take this club to new heights
- High paying role with good bonus
It is an exciting role to grab, as the club is undergoing a growth phase. The right general manager will help guide and propel this club to greater heights. With supportive and open-minded board members, you will have plenty of backup to your genius plans and strategies. The president and vice-president are fully onboard to develop and grow this club further.
You will have a good base to build upon. Although the total staff size is modest, there are many things in place already to give you the best chance to succeed. The right person will be able to roll up their sleeves and get the work done without much drama, while leading and mentoring the staff members under you.
The areas of responsibility include:
- Brainstorming and strategy planning
- Proactive approach to leadership
- Mentoring and nurturing staff members
- Hitting KPIs and targets
This job pays well for the right person, up to $125K + super. A rewarding bonus is waiting if you hit your targets.
Required Experience and Traits
This role suits someone who:
- Hails from a sporting club background in a similar sized venue
- Has experience growing a business/venue
- Is a problem solver and can come up with long-term strategies
- Is a good leader who is not afraid to put in hard work
- A creative thinker who can put his ideas into action
- A manager who can take charge and be responsible for the venue’s growth
- Has good written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses strong business knowledge
- Is highly knowledgeable in sporting, gaming, F&B and club operations
Benefits and Culture
- Yours to own and grow
- A-grade sporting club
- Club will be renovated and expanded
- Supportive board members to report to
- Medium sized team to lead and nurture
- Parking available
- Bonus for KPIs you achieve
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.