This property hosts two unique venues: an elegant and intimate restaurant downstairs and a bustling café upstairs. Both offer delicious food and friendly service.
The business has received many accolades and rave reviews for its rustic charm and distinct vibe. The person running the show is a former Merivale GM, while the kitchen is managed by a famous face in the industry.
- Receive training for GM role one day
- Good career pathway with WSET training
- Flexible roster with Sunday or Saturday off
It’s an ideal role for those who like variety in their work, managing a busy café and a stylish restaurant. Charm the guests, organise the floor staff, and make sure everything runs smoothly daily.
You’ll be able to work closely with the GM and chef, contributing ideas and seeing them come to fruition. The GM will prepare you to take over by doing finances with you, and nurturing you along the way. He is a patient and kind person to work under. This is a guaranteed promotion to GM within a year, if you can show you are good enough for it.
The salary is up to $75K+super and tips. Your schedule will be flexible, working 5 days a week with a mix of day and night shifts. Managers get an opportunity for weekends off every now and then to ensure you have some work-life balance.
Required Experience and Traits
The right person is someone who:
- Has few years’ experience managing a café or fine dining venue
- Is willing to roll up his or her sleeves to do the job
- Is a valuable team player
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Has extensive wine and alcohol knowledge, ideally. WSET training can be provided.
- Is warm, charming and can make diners feel at ease
- Strives for excellent customer service
Benefits and Culture
- 2 unique venues in one property
- Stylish restaurant and popular café
- Clear pathway to GM within a year
- Receive mentoring and training
- Great GM to work under, ex-Merivale
- Learn finances and other operational skills
- Get some weekends off
- Day and night shifts
- Flexible roster working 5 days a week
- Up to $75K + super + tips
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.