Overview

The Venue

This established pub is run by an expanding pub group known for dishing out excellent food and drinks. It is near to transport, and boasts beautiful harbour views from the rooftop.

Functions make up 70% of the service here while the remaining 30% is ala carte, consisting of lunch time corporate workers. The pub hosts loads of events and functions during night time.

  • Up to $65K+ super with Sundays off
  • Huge, open plan kitchen with rooftop city views
  • Ala carte & function pub with career growth

The Role

You will work under a head chef, who hails from a sister venue under the group. He is experienced in fine dining, catering and loves to motivate staff members. The team usually has music blaring while cooking, giving it a relaxed vibe. There’s usually 5 to 6 people on the roster.
You will have everything at your disposal in the kitchen from massive grilling stations, flat top, combi ovens, walk-in storage and well laid out working space. Most of the food here is for events and functions, which spans two levels.

The working hours are 48 hours max a week, with Sundays off. Performance reviews are twice a year. Salary is $60-$65K + super. As it is part of an expanding pub group, there’s plenty of chances to further your career.

Required Experience and Traits

The client is looking for:

  • People with experience working in hotel, catering, pub or banquet.
  • Experience managing a team for ala carte and events is desirable
  • Great time management
  • Positive attitude, friendly and driven

Benefits and Culture

  • 70% function and 30% events based pub
  • Expanding pub group with career progression
  • Open plan kitchen with rooftop city vista
  • $60K – $65K + super
  • 48 hours max per week
  • Sundays off

Want to stay updated with new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.