This is a one-hatted restaurant helmed by a famous head chef in Australia, and possibly the world. The chic and upmarket venue has generous open plan dining areas that showcase a beautiful view of vibrant Sydney.
Currently, there are two kitchens, one for prep and service. The management is planning a comprehensive renovation which will make the kitchen one of the best in Australia. The new kitchen will be a dream for any Michelin chef, with enough toys and gadgets to execute a first-class menu.
- CBD location central to all transport
- Contribute to menu and get good support/mentorship
- First-class kitchen being built
This is a wonderful place to work at as the staff retention rate is higher than the average industry benchmark. All the senior chefs have been around for more than 2 years and most have never left their jobs.
You’ll work under a terrific and famous head chef, who is a relaxed and nice person. The chefs do everything in-house including their butchery work.
Mid-level chefs typically work 45 hours a week while the senior ones do 50 hours. Your roster will likely comprise of 1 double shift and 4 single shifts. You’ll also get kitchen uniforms.
Another perk is you don’t have to clean. They get professionals to come in clean the kitchen at the end of the night. So, you will be able to finish work by 10:30 pm the latest.
This restaurant opens 7 days a week. The schedule is quite flexible, allowing staff to either take Friday and Saturday off or Sunday and Monday off.
The maximum salary is $80K+super for those with excellent skills and experience. The lowest offer is around $75K+super.
Required Experience and Traits
The ideal candidate is:
- Creative and passionate about food
- Calm and collected in a busy environment
- Able to train, motivate and mentor a kitchen team of 15-20 chefs
- Friendly and hardworking chef
Benefits and Culture
- One hatted venue
- Central to everything including transport
- Famous head chef
- Kitchen will be revamped to be one of the best in Sydney
- Get two days off (Fri & Sat or Sun & Mon)
- No cleaning work
- Finish by 10:30 pm latest
- Up to $80K+super
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.