An inner west institution that focuses on cool and chic dining, showcasing a lengthy bar, large-sized restaurant, and a garden terrace upstairs. Wood fire ovens, bar and lounge areas complete this modern space that’s a big hit with the local crowd. The company has several other venues in its portfolio, and is a good company to work for in this industry.
- Ideal for step-up sous chef or sous chefs
- Active team with social outings outside of work
- New kitchen where everything is made in house
You’ll get plenty of support and guidance from the owners and managers to do your job well. This role requires a leader to guide the kitchen team to do their best. Most staff members are old timers here and get along like fire.
In here, it’s all friendly and laidback among the team, starting with the head chef. He is a nice and cool person to work under. Most things are made from scratch such as smoked meats, curing, fermenting, and baked daily goods.
The pay package is up to $75K+super. Tips are around $60 a week on average. You will get Sundays and Mondays off. There are plenty of buses around this area for transport. As the owners are planning to open more venues, there could be a promotion in the future.
Required Experience and Traits
The client is searching for:
- A good leader who can blend in with the rest of the team
- Good cooking and technical skills
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Benefits and Culture
- 1-hat venue
- Nomad meets Stambouli
- Great sociable kitchen team
- Support from owners and managers
- Friendly relaxed work atmosphere
- Inner west location near transport
- New kitchen
- Curing, smoking, fermenting, baking in-house
- Up to $75K+super+$60 tips
Do you want to hear about new jobs, interesting industry news and more importantly, current pay rates? Like our Facebook page today.