- Work 38 hours a week Monday-Friday only – no late nights!
- Up to $50K+super
- Laidback head chef with stunning skyscraper views at work
Your workplace is housed on the 50th floor of a skyscraper, allowing 360-degree view of the Sydney skyline. This is a view worthy of any Facebook photos and would make any Sydney residents feel proud.
The catering company has been doing an excellent job for the last 5 years, serving mainly VIP corporate crowd. They host everything, from morning teas and buffets to seated functions and cocktail parties. The food is mainly Modern Australian cuisine.
Work is already underway to open a new cafeteria on another level, to serve the workers in the building. It will have a variety of food to suit anyone’s palette.
As commi or demi chef, you have a well-proportioned kitchen that is fully kitted out and well stocked. You will be working under a friendly and easy going head chef. He shops for the best ingredients at the market so you will have the finest ingredients according to the season.
He leads by example and is very hands-on in the kitchen. It is a small team where everyone works well together. The radio is usually blaring during prep and service so it is an energetic workplace.
The working hours are easy here with just 38 hours per week. A typical shift starts from 7am to 2:30pm so you have free nights and weekends. The kitchen may close earlier during quieter period. As a bonus, you also get a break over Christmas and New Year.
Required Experience and Traits
The head chef wants:
- A driven and motivated individual with a “let’s do it” attitude
- Possess decent knife and pan skills
- Well organized and can work independently
- Understand different dietary requirements
- Cheerful, positive and happy at work
Benefits and Culture
- Up to $50K + super
- No weekend or weeknight work
- Clock off by 2:30 pm
- Friendly and casual head chef
- Workplace with a view to die for
- Small no-fuss team
Please like our Facebook page to stay updated with new jobs, industry stories and the latest pay rates.