This restaurant is an inner-city jewel with a loyal and local following. Customers love the modern design with a see-through kitchen from the dining area and its contemporary menu.
You’ll serve crowd lunches and after work drink sessions during the day while canape functions and a la carte services dominate the night time. The restaurant gives that cozy chic vibe in winter and comes alive during summer.
- Bustling restaurant in CBD near to transport
- Firm and steady kitchen team with a positive atmosphere
- Opportunity to progress to junior sous chef
The kitchen is well thought out and cleverly designed. It has wide open spaces with a see-through cool room so you can gauge stock levels easily.
The piece de resistance is the wood fire grill that gives dishes a fusion twist. The specialty here is a large selection of prime beef cuts that are cooked to perfection. Most of the preparation is made in-house so you will have plenty of chance to learn.
As chef de partie, you will have a chance to contribute to the menu and specials. There are usually 5-9 chefs during service.
The head chef is one of the best parts of the job. You will have a compassionate and understanding head chef to mentor you. He is hands-on in his role and loves to watch his staff members grow in their jobs.
There is an opportunity to progress to junior sous chef for the right person. Above all, you need to have the right mindset and positive attitude to work in this kitchen.
The hours are around 50 hours/week with overtime paid. Shift times are generally:
- Split shifts of 9:30 am – 10:30 pm with a break in between
- Singles are 8 am – 4 pm or 3 pm -10:30 pm
Required Experience And Traits
The head chef wants a candidate who:
- Has strong cooking skills
- Is creative and can contribute to menu
- Can work under pressure
- Is a helpful team player
- Possesses a great attitude and mindset towards work
Benefits And Culture
- Work in a fun and dynamic team
- Caring head chef as mentor
- Chance to be junior sous chef one day
- Modern CBD restaurant with loyal customers
- Get Sundays off
- Will sponsor right candidate
- Up to $60K+super+tips
Like our Facebook page to get updated with new jobs, industry stories and the latest pay rates.